Truth: I've never really liked the girls going back to school. I feel like they're taking those first little steps away from me, starting their own little lives. Then I feel like time is passing too fast, and my throat gets tight...
OK, more truth, I also like not having a schedule or using an alarm clock in the mornings.
This year, the sad truth is I'm a little glad school's starting back. I'll be able to go back in the writing cave and not feel guilty about it.
(But I never left the writing cave, you argue? No, I did. This summer my only writing was for work and on this here blog.)
My primary focus on the ole novelist career this summer was networking, joining crit groups, and revisions. All very important, just not writing.
Still, I met so many amazing writer friends. If you missed it Monday, one of those is Carolyn Abiad whose Burnt Amber blog is absolutely fascinating.
Her paranormal romance of the same name is set in Turkey and filled with all kinds of legends and locations. She chronicles and explains them all on her blog. (Click her name above to visit.)
Fun truth: I'm a sucker for all things exotic.
So a brief post today. WriteOnCon is still going strong, and if you're a writer, get over there and check out all the great information.
Sadly, I haven't been able to participate in the critique forums. My window was Wednesday, and the site was down half the day. And it's not right to post if you can't give feedback.
But there is so much good stuff there. And it's completely free.
Now for the Award:
This award was given to me by Cruella at Giraffability of Digressions. The
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link to them. (THANK YOU, CC! And you can visit her beautiful giraffe-laden blog by clicking on her name above.)
2. Add the award to your blog. (DONE!)
3. Tell six outrageous lies about yourself and one truth. (Another variant: Tell six truths and one outrageous lie.)
4. Nominate six creative liars–I mean writers–and post links to them.
5. Let your nominees know that they have been nominated.
OK! So to start, sigh... I know so many
I happily pass this award to the following friends who have amazing and/or helpful blogs:
Holly, the Supermom who Writes
RaShelle, who needs a No. 2 Pencil, Stat!
K.M. Weiland over at Wordplay
Karen, who's Coming Down the Mountain
Ezmirelda, who has Dreamz
and my precious cousin Alison who recently started her blog: Pure Imagination! Run check it out and give her some love~
Now, you funny reader-friends time to guess the Truth amidst all these... creative statements. (Lie is such an ugly word.) Which of the following is TRUE:
1. I won a contest in elementary school for collecting the most postcards from different cities.
2. I graduated from a coffee cupping class in college.
3. My first job was at a snowball stand in front of a used car dealership.
4. My two front teeth are fake as the result of a bicycle accident in childhood.
5. My nickname is "Curls Magee."
6. I was going to major in Marine Biology in college, but ultimately switched to Journalism.
7. My first attempt at creative writing was a graphic novel titled Zombie Woman.
That's easy enough, right?
The TRUTH and a Book review on Monday! This time the one I was going to review when The Hunger Games swept in and derailed everything. Until then, have a great weekend, reader friends~